Need help! Hpi rs4 mt2 / mt Need help lots of questions! Updates often!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiseWolf

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am a Nitro Enthusiast I am experienced
I Have confirm its a hpi rs4 mt2 i am ordering parts soon upgrades.
Still in shipping etc
Mainly i need information on other brand companies and parts that can fit on the hpi rs4 mt2 so i can spread this information.!!
Including dose any one pack there differential full of marine grease i never use oil i find it a pain?
Hay so i have been doing research on my
HPI RS4 MT2 most parts are discontinued.
On eBay I'm looking at a list of parts.The parts I'm looking at are aluminum parts mainly for the looking factor it came with some aluminum parts on it ,i know that it will put strain on other parts etc i dont mind spending a few penny's its just my hobby as seen on the pictures below of my ebay list... The other upgrades types are anti roll bars axle upgrades and gearing replacement for changing out the plastic gears to A metal gearing witch are hard to find. This car has a lot of parts that aren't made any more but i like the challenge!
For the 2/ 3 speed transmission? And Pinion and sper? Are there any different companies that make parts that can fit in that transmission set up? To switch out the plastic?
And dose the hpi rs4 mt2 have a wing mount similar to buggys or do i need to fabricate one using the screw holes on it??
And what anti roll bars will fit to a hpi rs4 mt2? Not all people can make a home made set!! Looking for parts that can be installed with minimal modifications!! All anti roll bar companies discontinued this performance part?
And for the driveshafts and axles are discontinued as well is there any brand that would also fit a rs4 mt2 that are for other cars? I love beefed up parts and durability!
And those who read and check everything can you guys confirm my ebay purchaseing list if anything is worng?
More updates soon!!!!!
And youtube vedios of the restoration build everything!!!
If any one has hpi rs4 mt2/ mt parts or cars for cheap let me know!! I'm interested.

Attachments

• 20200917_001106.jpg
    20200917_001106.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 235
  • 20200917_002110.jpg
    20200917_002110.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 20200917_001144.jpg
    20200917_001144.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 273
  • Screenshot_20200917-030007_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200917-030007_Chrome.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_20200917-023109_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200917-023109_Chrome.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20200917-023104_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200917-023104_Chrome.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_20200917-023054_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200917-023054_Chrome.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_20200917-023041_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200917-023041_Chrome.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_20200917-023033_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200917-023033_Chrome.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20200917-023023_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200917-023023_Chrome.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I am experienced

Hay so i have been doing research on my
HPI RS4 MT most parts discounted
on eBay I'm looking at a list of parts.The parts I'm looking at are aluminum parts and other upgrades types? this car has a lot of parts that aren't made any more but i like the challenge! I also hate the original stile body This truck is more like a buggy and a short course truck to me.
The major thing Do nitro HPI rs4 mt2 parts fit the older model and can you make the older Hpi rs4 mt into the newer mt2 3.0 because the research i conduced was the the mt2 3.0 had certain parts beefed up on it but are extremely similar to the mt version and not really a lot of other changes for how parts fit?? Is this true?
And a finally dose the hpi rs4 mt have a wing mount similar to buggys or do i need to fabricate one
And what anti roll bars will fit to a hpi rs4 mt? All anti roll bar companies discontinued this performance part?
And for the driveshafts and axles are discounted as well is are there any brand that would also fit a rs4 mt / mt2?

In my opinion ,I would put your stuff on E-bay for someone else to siff through ,an start in the future ,its at the point right now ,even E-bay
used RC stuff is getting mighty thin!
I am even having a hard time finding spares for my old AE stuff ,I myself am ready to clean house an do away with it an get into some
new stuff!...:cool:

You have to decide is this part going to be their when I need it(more than likely it will be no) so you either go buy or have a broken shelf queen... had a few of those back in the late 80's(87)..decided to make my own part..many of hours with a dremel and my 1000 bits....one thing when you upgrade to a aluminium part you change to design in break points. so it might cost you more or be on another part search....and sway bars can also be homemade from piano wire and a few off the shelf parts...

Yup,
Aluminum is great, but if if you make one part stronger, the impact will travel to the next part. Once you replace that with aluminum, the breakage will travel on. New suspension arms are cheaper and easier to replace than bulkheads.

You have to decide is this part going to be their when I need it(more than likely it will be no) so you either go buy or have a broken shelf queen... had a few of those back in the late 80's(87)..decided to make my own part..many of hours with a dremel and my 1000 bits....one thing when you upgrade to a aluminium part you change to design in break points. so it might cost you more or be on another part search....and sway bars can also be homemade from piano wire and a few off the shelf parts...
This is true but most people dont have this skill set for rc cars home made parts thats way i made this post
I need information so i can put it in a article for parts of other brands fitting with little modification. Not everyone can make homemade parts. =)

This is true but most people dont have this skill set for rc cars home made parts thats way i made this post
I need information so i can put it in a article for parts of other brands fitting with little modification. Not everyone can make homemade parts.

I need information so i can put it in a article for parts of other brands fitting with little modification. Not everyone can make homemade parts. =)
Thanks for pointing that out i edit my text i am well aware of this that breaking points changeing
I do need though are parts from other companies that fit this truck not everyone can make home parts and i want to make a article of this so i can help others with there restoration!!

I actually think some of the parts you are interested in maybe the RS4 3 chassis upgrade, like upper radio plate and transmission. I think a lot of the design are common.

Back