Help with first Losi please!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonmc89

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello good people of rctalk!

My whole life I’ve wanted a proper RC car, and after my misses randomly bought me an Absima 1:18 thunder for a little gift the other week I’ve decided that’s it. It’s time.

I’m not into racing or really big jumps. You can get a feel for the style of driving I’m interested in by the two cars I’m torn between. I like Losi as a brand, and at the moment the 2 models I am torn between are the Losi 1/10 Tenancity DB pro, and the Losi Baja Rey 1/10 brushless.

I really love the looks of the Baja Rey but I’ve read about quite a lot of problems with them, especially when running them on 3s. Such as servos braking and tyres ballooning to the point that they damage the body and stuff. All I’ve read about the Tenacity DB pro is good things! Seems like a solid buy but I just don’t like the way it looks as much!

Any help on deciding would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Jason.

+1 for the Rey. If you haven't ran one, you'll be surprised how well a 2s brushless runs. Run 2s for a while then when you're ready, switch up to 3s and upgrade what breaks.

So I take it the Baja is plenty fast enough on 2s?

I’ve got a big deserted car park covered in really fine shingle that the Baja Rey would look right at home on!

If you don’t like the db pro you can also take a look at the TT pro, they are the same car but with different bodies

If you don’t like the db pro you can also take a look at the TT pro, they are the same car but with different bodies

Now you’ve got me thinking..

What would you say is a better machine out of the tenacity pro TT and the Baja though!?

Cheers.

All 3 models listed 1 by another 2 by op.. they will all have there strong points and then there weak points..Its gonna be on the op.. what are you after? how are you going to use?..I love my converted or modified E revo but I know it has it weak spots..I run my E revo about 3 x a month..do I break sure when I push on its weak spots..My erevo is setup to bash hard on skate parks,and old tennis courts that now the asphalt has buckled with 1 foot 45 degree hump in it. the the landscape around tennis courts is hilly nice 12 foot tall hills with a few flat spots that have been eroded thru time to have a run off or jumps some are high to lower some are low to high I can loose site of rc thats when I stop and take the walk to see my rc ..I also have a few hop up-ed losi scte v1 ..I run those really hard...its a good rc.. I just pick the rey due to its looks...

Last edited:
Really depends what you’re after, if you want scale and desert truck style handling then go for the rey, if you want good handling and some bash abilities then go for the TT pro, personally I have never owned a rey so I couldn’t tell you about the experience but the TT pro handles amazing and has bash abilities .

What would you say is a better machine out of the tenacity pro TT and the Baja though!?

Cheers.

It depends on what your doing with it. The TT has independent suspension which has better off-road control. The Baja has a straight axle in the rear, which are known to be more reliable. I haven't driven either one, but I would go with the TT. I have driven straight axles before and they bounce around a lot when you drive them on bumpy and rocky surfaces.

Thanks people.

I’m liking the look of the TT pro I think. Only thing is I can’t find it for sale in the UK anywhere!

If I was to get the DB pro.. Would it be possible to buy the body shell, wheels and whatever else I need to turn it into the TT?

That way I could have both!

Thanks people.

I’m liking the look of the TT pro I think. Only thing is I can’t find it for sale in the UK anywhere!

If I was to get the DB pro.. Would it be possible to buy the body shell, wheels and whatever else I need to turn it into the TT?

That way I could have both!

You can change the body. You might need to get different body mounts if you go with that truck body.

You will need different body mounts, different front and rear bumpers and the body. Maybe wheels

Attachments

• 6BB9D66C-2069-4E57-B6F0-93F98F85B37C.jpeg
    6BB9D66C-2069-4E57-B6F0-93F98F85B37C.jpeg
    868.7 KB · Views: 127

Cheers.
Personally I’d go for the TT pro, it may be a tad slower but it’s Solid

Back