New Losi tenacity DB pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E-fanatic what expo are you running on your steering with the 2271 servo?

Well the chassis braces for the SCTE do not fit our Tenacity buggies. I bought STrc aluminum braces for the SCTE and they don't fit.
But...
I installed the DE mudflaps, aluminum rear hubs, front spindles (front knuckles are sold out EVERYWHERE), Traxxas waterproof receiver box, Savox 1210Sg servo, power RC clamping horn, steering assembly bearings, premounted proline badlands and RPM skid plates do fit.
I'm stoked at the difference in the steering and the tires!

Man that is exactly what I was looking at doing to mine, where did you get your parts? Links?

How often do you clean and relube the bearings on these.... every few runs? End of season?

Just joined today and also pulled the trigger in getting a DB as well. It's sold out in many LHCs in Ontario but was able to locate one. Will also be building it slow like @Bizzle . Which Canadian places did you pick up your parts?

I'm getting ready to change out the diff oils. Is the easiest way to get to the front and rears diff by removing sections at a time - bumper assembly, shock mount assembly, etc.?

@Daytona675R nice score man. I was lucky enough to get one after making a few calls and finally snagging one. I've been getting parts from Eliminator RC for the most part (Winnipeg). Other times it's been Great Hobbies. I did have to get some parts from the states like on Ebay and at Hobby Town.

@brushlessrc I re-oil my bearings after 6-10 dirt bashing runs. It's easy to do and only needs a few drops. Good practice to get into.
With your diffs, it is just a matter of pulling things apart. I like to take screws out about half way and make sure they stay in the spots they belong as I remove parts, that way I know exactly where they go when I put it back together. I take pics of everything too in case I need a reference.

I just installed those aluminum rear outdrive bearing cups. They snapped in perfectly and my diff didn't need any shimming from what I could tell. Did the grease test and it also feels like the motor gear mesh, not loose but not too tight either. Looks to be a solid upgrade ??

Man that is exactly what I was looking at doing to mine, where did you get your parts? Links?
Got lots of my parts from here in Canada. But E-fanatic was kind enough to post his parts (most had part numbers). Also there are some solid youtube videos from bulletproof rc.
Interesting enough the Arrma forum has a good DB thread with a lot of info too.

Last edited:
@brushlessrc I re-oil my bearings after 6-10 dirt bashing runs. It's easy to do and only needs a few drops. Good practice to get into.
With your diffs, it is just a matter of pulling things apart. I like to take screws out about half way and make sure they stay in the spots they belong as I remove parts, that way I know exactly where they go when I put it back together. I take pics of everything too in case I need a reference.

Thanks Bizzle! I need to get those metal outdrive supports too!

Got lots of my parts from here in Canada. But E-fanatic was kind enough to post his parts (most had part numbers). Also there are some solid youtube videos from bulletproof rc.
Interesting enough the Arrma forum has a good DB thread with a lot of info too.
Thanks man
@Daytona675R nice score man. I was lucky enough to get one after making a few calls and finally snagging one. I've been getting parts from Eliminator RC for the most part (Winnipeg). Other times it's been Great Hobbies. I did have to get some parts from the states like on Ebay and at Hobby Town.

I just installed those aluminum rear outdrive bearing cups. They snapped in perfectly and my diff didn't need any shimming from what I could tell. Did the grease test and it also feels like the motor gear mesh, not loose but not too tight either. Looks to be a solid upgrade ??
Interesting, would love to know how to grease bearings and diffs. Any good vids out there? Tips?

Thanks man
Interesting, would love to know how to grease bearings and diffs. Any good vids out there? Tips?
Nice pick up on the badlands. They make a huge difference and look great.
For the diffs, there are a ton of helpful video and forum threads. Lots of Losi specific and some Tenacity specific videos on youtube too.
I cut out foam for all my oils I use for a specific RC model. I've got diff oils, shock oil and bearing oil for the DB Pro in this one.
5k front, 10k centre, 7k rear (E-fanatic set up ?)
42.5 weight shock oil (little stiffer for bashing)
High velocity bearing oil
I've got FlexyTub shock covers coming so I don't have to change my shock oil so much hahha.

Nice pick up on the badlands. They make a huge difference and look great.
For the diffs, there are a ton of helpful video and forum threads. Lots of Losi specific and some Tenacity specific videos on youtube too.
I cut out foam for all my oils I use for a specific RC model. I've got diff oils, shock oil and bearing oil for the DB Pro in this one.
5k front, 10k centre, 7k rear (E-fanatic set up ?)
42.5 weight shock oil (little stiffer for bashing)
High velocity bearing oil
I've got FlexyTub shock covers coming so I don't have to change my shock oil so much hahha.

awesome man thanks for the reply i love your foam cut outs, keeps everything neat and tidy. also was wondering what shocks i can get to replace the ones that came with the truck, i bent a front shock shaft and can't get them until mid July-august so i am just thinking about replacing all four with something from proline but no idea which ones will fit the db

awesome man thanks for the reply i love your foam cut outs, keeps everything neat and tidy. also was wondering what shocks i can get to replace the ones that came with the truck, i bent a front shock shaft and can't get them until mid July-august so i am just thinking about replacing all four with something from proline but no idea which ones will fit the db
No idea man. I think it's as easy as referencing the size of the tenacity shock, and the shaft length (Hahaha "shaft length"), then finding the match. Or you can order the ti nitride coated tlr ones for the scte 3.0 if those match...
Speaking of shocks, I found the perfect tune for the rears today. I bash this bad boy out on loose dirt/gravel 80% of the time, so I raised the back end and fronts by moving the shocks inwards on the H arms, then adjusted the ride height on the rear shocks with the adjustable spring rate. CRAZY difference, I had a huge smile on my face the whole day today.
Got home and researched how to set end points on the Dx2e and fixed that today too.
Good bash and maintenance day.

awesome man that sounds like a fun filled Saturday to me. i run mine the same so i will most likely do that it sounds like a good idea. i tried to just adjust height a bit by using the adjustments on the springs it helped but i think your fix is the one. as for the shocks i was thinking the sc shocks from proline will work but I'm still gonna bring the old front and back shocks in for comparison also i am gonna change the shock oil weight to something a little heavier maybe a 45wt

awesome man that sounds like a fun filled Saturday to me. i run mine the same so i will most likely do that it sounds like a good idea. i tried to just adjust height a bit by using the adjustments on the springs it helped but i think your fix is the one. as for the shocks i was thinking the sc shocks from proline will work but I'm still gonna bring the old front and back shocks in for comparison also i am gonna change the shock oil weight to something a little heavier maybe a 45wt
Yeah man sick, give it a rip. Hope that set up works for you, it's been awesome for me. ?

Back