New Losi tenacity DB pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question. Any chance you can physically measure the stock one and follow those dims?
I could, however would that mean I have to get a servo that matches these specs exactly? I see the Savox 1258tg is popular for these rigs but its not waterproof. This servo doesn't match the specs of other servos I've seen used in the pro either.
I suppose I'm stumped in general sizing of aftermarket "standard" servo sizes and what tolerances are deemed acceptable.
42mm seems tall and the 29.2mm seems like it would tower over the mounting points in the stock servo mount.

@E-fanatic ordered this. savox sb2274sg servo. I would follow his suggestions over many others. he is full of knowledge. If not the same one order one with same dims.

I have the savox 2274 in one and the 2271 in the other. Both are great. If you like massive torque and decent speed get the 2274 if you like great torque and super speed get the 2271. Both are the same spline as the stock servo so you don't have to get a new servo arm

I have the savox 2274 in one and the 2271 in the other. Both are great. If you like massive torque and decent speed get the 2274 if you like great torque and super speed get the 2271. Both are the same spline as the stock servo so you don't have to get a new servo arm
Savox seems to be the way to go given the research and your recommendation. However, the ones you have are not waterproof. There are ways to waterproof servos but something just seems janky about pulling apart a nice new servo and loading it with grease and plastidip.

I don't submerged my trucks. So a fully water proof servo wasn't a priority for me. The standard rubber seals is enough to keep splashed waterout for me. If you are going to run say in the snow of through mud puddles then the savox sw1211sg would be a solid choice.
Its a little taller than the 2271 but the supplied servo isolators that come with the servo will take up that extra few mm.

So I broke the rear hub on my dB pro. It's tough to find replacement hubs in Canada, so I was hoping the SCTE hubs were the same?
They looked ok similar but I can't be sure.

I'm looking to "Truggify" my DB Pro. I've got a lead on a set of cheap proline badlands mounted for a 4x4 stampede with 12mm hexes.

Has anyone successfully ran MT tires with their Tenacity on stock pinion? I'm running 2s, so I don't want to sacrifice too much speed dropping a pinion but also want to keep temps in check.

Thought I'd check in to see if anyone has experience.

Thanks!

Hi all, new to the TT/DB pro, was wondering if anyone found any aluminum ball ends for the shocks? Also question about the servos. The stock s605 servo is 23 spline and the savox 2271 is 25 spline. I don’t understand how the savox can with the stock servo horn? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi all, new to the TT/DB pro, was wondering if anyone found any aluminum ball ends for the shocks? Also question about the servos. The stock s605 servo is 23 spline and the savox 2271 is 25 spline. I don’t understand how the savox can with the stock servo horn? Thanks.
Hey! I just installed my Savox 1210sw today, what a much needed upgrade! All you need to do is buy the servo and a 25 tooth servo horn, remove your old servo and servo horn. Done deal!
If anyone was wondering the waterproof 1210 fits perfect.

What does not fit perfect is the aluminum rear hubs for the scte. The hub itself is exactly the same as the tenacity hub, however, the scte hubs do not come with the required shims.

I bought the scte rear hubs and wasted my money as I had to buy the tenacity rear hubs that include the spacers/shims.

Thanks for the info and update. Sorry to hear your hubs didn’t work out. I bought a savox 2271 and a 25 to 23 servo horn insert. Hopefully it works. The servo comes on Monday. In case the insert doesn’t work, would you mind sharing what servo horn you got? Thanks!

Thanks for the info and update. Sorry to hear your hubs didn’t work out. I bought a savox 2271 and a 25 to 23 servo horn insert. Hopefully it works. The servo comes on Monday. In case the insert doesn’t work, would you mind sharing what servo horn you got? Thanks!
That insert should work for you but I'd recommend an upgrade to an aluminum servo horn anyway.

There has been success with the Losi 25 tooth horn, but I opted for the hd power 25 tooth clamping horn. I needed a longer screw to make it work wth the bell crank arm (m3x16mm), but it fit perfect and works great.

That insert should work for you but I'd recommend an upgrade to an aluminum servo horn anyway.

There has been success with the Losi 25 tooth horn, but I opted for the hd power 25 tooth clamping horn. I needed a longer screw to make it work wth the bell crank arm (m3x16mm), but it fit perfect and works great.

Thanks!

I found out I bent my wheel where the wheel nut meets the axle...
Weirdest wheel damage I'm ever seen, the hexes were 100%. As you can imagine I had some crazy wheel wobble because of it.
I went out and got the premounted proline badlands with offset #1173-12. These fit perfect on the Losi hexes and are a huge upgrade from stock tires. Just a tad bigger too.
Ran a full 2s pack on the stock pinion and my motor was warm, not hot. Perfect set for this rig in my opinion.
In case others were interested.

Hi All,
Starting to shop for items for my soon coming Losi Tenacity DB Pro. So I would like to ask, what you would recommend for a novice for choice of batteries. Should I go with 2S or 3S.
I want to get the most out of the buggy, and still have good control over it. I don’t know if the 3S will push it to far for me.
Also is there a setting on the transmitter to control the amount of power going to the motor. Great thread by the way.
Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.
Uncle Pete

Hi All,
Starting to shop for items for my soon coming Losi Tenacity DB Pro. So I would like to ask, what you would recommend for a novice for choice of batteries. Should I go with 2S or 3S.
I want to get the most out of the buggy, and still have good control over it. I don’t know if the 3S will push it to far for me.
Also is there a setting on the transmitter to control the amount of power going to the motor. Great thread by the way.
Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.
Uncle Pete
I was heavy into RC almost 15 yrs ago, just as Lipo and brushless was really taking off. My daughter showed interest after I bought her a Traxxas Stampede, so you know, I had to get something for myself.
After the same battery size debate myself, I opted for a 2s batt.
-Easier to get used to. This thing is quick.
-Easier on the drive train as I refamiliarize myself with diffs and drive train parts.
-Battery works with my daughter's Stampede.
-I live in an urban environment where open spaces are limited to get the most out of a 3s.
At some point I may go 3s but I'm having a lot of fun on 2s.

Pulled the trigger.

Losi Tenacity DB Pro Lucas Oil
Spektrum DX5C Transmitter
2- Spektrum 2S 50C Batteries
Spektrum S2100 Charger
Savox SW1210 SG Servo
Radio box
Skid plates
Tire glue

Sure adds up quick
I think I have it all for now. Will be rolling next week. ?

Back