New Losi tenacity DB pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great. Thanks for the information.

anyone know if the tenacity and the scte 3.0 chassis are interchangeable. I bent my tenacity pro chassis and wondered if the scte would be an upgrade

Center diff mounting is different. Also front and rear chassis braces.

Center driveshafts are the same. It's the motor mount and center diff mount screw locations that are different. So it wont bolt up. You would need to drill your own holes in the new chassis or buy the center motor/diff mount from a 3.0

Other than the shock towers did you have any fitment issues with swapping things over to the scte parts?

Last edited:
Center driveshafts are the same. It's the motor mount and center diff mount screw locations that are different. So it wont bolt up. You would need to drill your own holes in the new chassis or buy the center motor/diff mount from a 3.0
Thanks a lot @E-fanatic ????

Just one set is all you need. They add stiffness to the rear diff case.

The tenacity pro has hd style diff housing stock. It has the slots for the metal inserts that the planetary gear pins ride on so that the pins don't wear out the housing/cup.

The tenacity pro has hd style diff housing stock. It has the slots for the metal inserts that the planetary gear pins ride on so that the pins don't wear out the housing/cup.
Thanks again. Sounds like I'm going to have to do a bit more research, as I'm not sure where the tlr3100 inserts would go? I can't see a similar part in my diff breakdown.
I have the lightened outlines and wanted to get the 3100's so I could install them at the same time.

The metal diff inserts do over the diff bearings and line up in the rear diff case. Its what sets the rear diff into the case

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515-203248_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515-203248_Chrome.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 283
The metal diff inserts do over the diff bearings and line up in the rear diff case. Its what sets the rear diff into the case
You sir are the man.
How did you find the shimming? Was it pretty spot on or did you have to go through full shim process with the 3100?

The stock shimming was perfect on mine with the 3100s.
I use grease in the gears to see how well my gear alignment is. Pack the diff gear teeth with grease and set diff in the diff case. Spin diff and see how the pinion gear meshed with how it smashed the grease on the diff gear.

The stock shimming was perfect on mine with the 3100s.
I use grease in the gears to see how well my gear alignment is. Pack the diff gear teeth with grease and set diff in the diff case. Spin diff and see how the pinion gear meshed with how it smashed the grease on the diff gear.
I'm on it now!
Cheers ??

I'm on it now!
Cheers ??
Loving the DB Pro. As many have pointed out, the stock servo lacks punch to say the least.
I'm looking at getting an upgraded servo and want to go waterproof.
I'd like to get this Savox:
https://www.savoxusa.com/products/savsw1210sg-waterproof-coreless-digital

It is listed as "standard" size but seems really tall at 42mm and 29.2mm to where the screw lugs mount.
Will this fit the db? Seems the stock servo is shorter. Any recommendations on a different water proof servo that falls more in the "standard" sizing?
Thanks!

Loving the DB Pro. As many have pointed out, the stock servo lacks punch to say the least.
I'm looking at getting an upgraded servo and want to go waterproof.
I'd like to get this Savox:
https://www.savoxusa.com/products/savsw1210sg-waterproof-coreless-digital

It is listed as "standard" size but seems really tall at 42mm and 29.2mm to where the screw lugs mount.
Will this fit the db? Seems the stock servo is shorter. Any recommendations on a different water proof servo that falls more in the "standard" sizing?
Thanks!
Good question. Any chance you can physically measure the stock one and follow those dims?

Back