Is the Arrma Kraton 4x4 4S the best 1/10 scale 4x4 truck out there right now?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenyon

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys, I am in the market for a new RC trucks. I posted a few days ago and thanks to the two fellas that replied (thanks TNTPOOF and OUTCASTBLXNUT) I was introduced to the world of Arrma. Had never heard of them before. As I was reading up on the Granite and Typhon I stumbled across another thread where a guy was strongly considering a Granite, but wishing he could afford a Kraton. So I naturally went to check out the Kraton 4s and it seems pretty nice. Is there anything out there that I should be looking at instead? Is there anything about the Kratos 4S that I am missing? I have a pair of Traxxas 5000mah 3S battery packs that I plan to be using (the result of a misinformed purchase while trying to get my EMAXX going) will there be any issues with using these? Based on my reading it seems like the Kraton can run on a pair of 2S packs or a single 3S pack. Is that accurate? Also, I prefer to buy my RCs in kit form, not RTR. I like to put it together so I know how everything works and have a better base knowledge when it comes time to replace parts.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

the arrma isn't a 1/10 scale.now the battery plug is the thing. what kinda connector do these have? it is a good rc...

the arrma isn't a 1/10 scale.now the battery plug is the thing. what kinda connector do these have? it is a good rc...

Which Arrma is not a 1/10 scale?

My battery packs have the Traxxas connectors. I assume I will have to change them.out on whatever truck I get.

Kraton 4s.. went with xt90 and never looked back.

Are you sure? The description on their website lists the Kraton 4S as a 1/10 scale.

I am.hesitant to change connectors on the battery packs because the charger has Traxxas connectors. They are recessed into the housing, so I would have to make adapters to IOT charge anything with a different connector.

Are you sure? The description on their website lists the Kraton 4S as a 1/10 scale.

I am.hesitant to change connectors on the battery packs because the charger has Traxxas connectors. They are recessed into the housing, so I would have to make adapters to IOT charge anything with a different connector.
Scale is subjective.
The Arrma Kraton 4s is "1/10" scale.
Here is the Kraton next to a Traxxas Stampede and a 1/10th scale Ecx Ruckus.
20200430_205955.jpg

And the Kraton next to a 1/10th scale Ecx Torment and 1/10th scale Arrma Senton.
20200430_210104.jpg

Scale is subjective.
The Arrma Kraton 4s is "1/10" scale.
Here is the Kraton next to a Traxxas Stampede and a 1/10th scale Ecx Ruckus.
View attachment 122011

And the Kraton next to a 1/10th scale Ecx Torment and 1/10th scale Arrma Senton.
View attachment 122012

It looks like the Stampede is a little 1/10, huh? That's quite a collection you have there. Do you have a favorite?

It looks like the Stampede is a little 1/10, huh? That's quite a collection you have there. Do you have a favorite?
That's not even all of them I have like 16 or 17 cars in total I really should count. My favorite is the one that isn't broken at the end of the day ?
So I have.
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL
Traxxas Stampede 2wd XL5
Arrma Outcast 6s BLX
Arrma Kraphon 3s BLX, I turned my Typhon into a Kraton
Arrma Senton 3s BLX
Axial SCX10-II 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Axial SCX24
HPI Vorza Flux
Vaterra Kalahari
LC Racing EMB-TGH
LC Racing EMB-MT
Ecx Ruckus 2wd
Ecx Torment 2wd
Hosim 9125
WL Toys 12428
WL Toys 144001
Team Associated RC10B2
And I think that is it.

That's not even all of them I have like 16 or 17 cars in total I really should count. My favorite is the one that isn't broken at the end of the day ?
So I have.
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL
Traxxas Stampede 2wd XL5
Arrma Outcast 6s BLX
Arrma Kraphon 3s BLX, I turned my Typhon into a Kraton
Arrma Senton 3s BLX
Axial SCX10-II 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Axial SCX24
HPI Vorza Flux
Vaterra Kalahari
LC Racing EMB-TGH
LC Racing EMB-MT
Ecx Ruckus 2wd
Ecx Torment 2wd
Hosim 9125
WL Toys 12428
WL Toys 144001
Team Associated RC10B2
And I think that is it.

Are there any that consistently seem to break more or less than the rest? Or any that you tend to grab first or put off when you wanna go bashing?

My kraton 4s is just collecting dust. It not as durable or nimble as my losi db pros (though they are not monster trucks :( ) So I have been having more fun with those.

My kraton 4s is just collecting dust. It not as durable or nimble as my losi db pros (though they are not monster trucks :( ) So I have been having more fun with those.

Thank you for the input! I have waivered yet again and I am looking at the Arrma Big Rock BLX 3S 4X4.

I'm always hearing how good arrma is and how they are starting to give traxxas a run for their money but it all depends on how you control the vehicle and what you like.

Thank you everyone that shared their thoughts and information! I bought a Kraton 6S BLX. I am pretty happy with it so far! This thing is FAST!

Thank you everyone that shared their thoughts and information! I bought a Kraton 6S BLX. I am pretty happy with it so far! This thing is FAST!
I was going to comment that people seem to like the new Traxxas Maxx 4s truck although the price is a little high. I am glad you got the Kraton 6s. That has been my favorite RC truck/Truggy. The handling is great, it can do stunts easily, and as you said is very fast. With the speed pinion installed you can peak around 60-65 mph but the tires will be ballooning real bad and cause some serious stability issues.

You may want to hop over to the Arrma Forum for some Kraton 6s specific content. Many members here are over there also. (both forums are owned by Woodie)

If you have not heard of it Jenny's RC has some great prices on replacement parts https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-kraton-v4

Assuming you purchased the V4 Kraton my advice is to change out the radio when you can. You may have noticed the jumpy low throttle starts and possibly intermittent loss of signal. There are some low cost radios systems that can really improve the feel of how this RC runs.

If you are doing jumps and want to backflip then you may want to look into making the center diff fluid thicker.

I was going to comment that people seem to like the new Traxxas Maxx 4s truck although the price is a little high. I am glad you got the Kraton 6s. That has been my favorite RC truck/Truggy. The handling is great, it can do stunts easily, and as you said is very fast. With the speed pinion installed you can peak around 60-65 mph but the tires will be ballooning real bad and cause some serious stability issues.

You may want to hop over to the Arrma Forum for some Kraton 6s specific content. Many members here are over there also. (both forums are owned by Woodie)

If you have not heard of it Jenny's RC has some great prices on replacement parts https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-kraton-v4

Assuming you purchased the V4 Kraton my advice is to change out the radio when you can. You may have noticed the jumpy low throttle starts and possibly intermittent loss of signal. There are some low cost radios systems that can really improve the feel of how this RC runs.

If you are doing jumps and want to backflip then you may want to look into making the center diff fluid thicker.

Thank you! I have done some reading on the Arrma forum while I was researching trying to decide what I wanted to buy. Maybe I will register over there too. I am probably going to building a track here in the next week or so. I won't have any huge jumps, but I will have a few. I am not really into doing flips and stuff like that. I am more interested in maintaining positive control and negotiating obstacles as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I will check out Jennysrc.com. I honestly don't know if mine is V4 or not. How would I be able to tell?

The 2 big giveaways are the new orange smart connectors as well as the sliding motor mount design.

1588992405599.png

Back