The best 1/10 scale nitro engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply's. Tomorrow I will set her up again because now she's in "storage" in pieces, ordered some ally hop hups and still waiting on the engine mount. Then I will take some pictures and place them here so you guys get a better picture.

I'm sorry ,here is a pic of more than likely of what you may need ,the header does not have that many bend & turns in it ,so
it is not special ,an the carb. to me looks like it can except both if an L shape servo horn was used!

The pic is from E-bay just to show what it looks like ,it IS NOT my pic!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-RACING...511070?hash=item3b309aa2de:g:ETkAAOSwpXZcyz6a

Here are some pics how the set up is at the moment. ✌just the gas tank and exhaust aren't mounted. ✌

Attachments

• 20200118_121331.jpg
    20200118_121331.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200118_121351.jpg
    20200118_121351.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200118_121410.jpg
    20200118_121410.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200118_121428.jpg
    20200118_121428.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20200118_121441.jpg
    20200118_121441.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200118_121538.jpg
    20200118_121538.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 124
Here are some pics how the set up is at the moment. ✌just the gas tank and exhaust aren't mounted. ✌

Ok ,it looks like everything should transfer over to your other engine except the header ,the carb should fit ,an
the clutch assembly should transfer over as well ,but make sure that the clutch shoes are good an the clutch spring
does not protrude up past its groove an rub the clutch bell!

When you transfer the carb. over ,use the gasket sealer Copper sensor safe sealer around the carb.s throat ,It does
not take much ,I use a tooth pic to apply a thin layer ,this insures any air leaks that may acure around the throat an
pinch bolt wont happen ,sense you have to transfer the carb anyway ,you may as well seal it!

However ,if it was me ,I would definitly try to run the new carb. an buy a servo horn kit & linkage set up ,because
it would be easier to tune on the break-in of the engine as the carb. is all ready set factory for that step!

Dont try to break in the engine with out the header & pipe as the engine rely's on the pressure to send the fuel
to the engine an will mess up the tune ,possibly burn the engine up!

Ofna brand always was good about optional parts for the header an servo horns an the linkages ,however ,they
are becoming scarce ,there maybe other brands you can get ,I can help pull a search on some parts or you can
also check your local Hobby shop if you have one near you!....:cool:

Ok ,it looks like everything should transfer over to your other engine except the header ,the carb should fit ,an
the clutch assembly should transfer over as well ,but make sure that the clutch shoes are good an the clutch spring
does not protrude up past its groove an rub the clutch bell!

When you transfer the carb. over ,use the gasket sealer Copper sensor safe sealer around the carb.s throat ,It does
not take much ,I use a tooth pic to apply a thin layer ,this insures any air leaks that may acure around the throat an
pinch bolt wont happen ,sense you have to transfer the carb anyway ,you may as well seal it!

However ,if it was me ,I would definitly try to run the new carb. an buy a servo horn kit & linkage set up ,because
it would be easier to tune on the break-in of the engine as the carb. is all ready set factory for that step!

Dont try to break in the engine with out the header & pipe as the engine rely's on the pressure to send the fuel
to the engine an will mess up the tune ,possibly burn the engine up!

Ofna brand always was good about optional parts for the header an servo horns an the linkages ,however ,they
are becoming scarce ,there maybe other brands you can get ,I can help pull a search on some parts or you can
also check your local Hobby shop if you have one near you!....:cool:
Thanks for the reply, really helpfull, indeed it's best I buy a new servo horn and linkages for this engine. My local hobby shop went out off business a couple off years ago. I think I found a site for the header and maybe the linkages. I'm going to mail to the store and just ask it and send some couple off pictures with it. Once again thanks for the help✌

Thanks for the reply, really helpfull, indeed it's best I buy a new servo horn and linkages for this engine. My local hobby shop went out off business a couple off years ago. I think I found a site for the header and maybe the linkages. I'm going to mail to the store and just ask it and send some couple off pictures with it. Once again thanks for the help✌

The location of the servo in your car should make it easy to adapt the linkage to the slide barrel type carb.!

Here is what the servo linkage kit would look like!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OFNA-Linka...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

An here is in this link is a pic of that hooked up in a Ofna Ld3 car ,it is not your brand car ,but it is set up like yours ,
an again ,this is not mine ,I use E-bay pics for cross references if I don't have pics of my own!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OFNA-LD3-N...LUFx8SuxNE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Today the os .18 cvr arrived, I also orded a second handed hpi rs4 mt2 to put this engine in. Found a "local" hobby shop (1houre drive) to sort the little pieces out to get this projects to a good end. It's not easy to get the correct pieces from hpi itself because they discontinued the spare parts line for the rs4 rtr3 and mt2.

Attachments

• 20200128_170652.jpg
    20200128_170652.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200128_170702.jpg
    20200128_170702.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20200128_170713.jpg
    20200128_170713.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200128_170720.jpg
    20200128_170720.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 107
Today the os .18 cvr arrived, I also orded a second handed hpi rs4 mt2 to put this engine in. Found a "local" hobby shop (1houre drive) to sort the little pieces out to get this projects to a good end. It's not easy to get the correct pieces from hpi itself because they discontinued the spare parts line for the rs4 rtr3 and mt2.
beautiful engine! makes me miss mine lol

You would more an likely have issues finding parts for the running gear ,axles an a-arms than you would with installing an engine!

They all share different brand engines an componets an linkages ,even the engines clutch bell ,you should be able to change
it over to an Ofna or a Team Assc. brand 2 spd. gears & shims!

Back