Lipo charger for Slash 4x4 VXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Non Crimen

RCNT Cyclist
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys i am going to buy a Slash 4x4 VXL tomorrow. What charger would be best? It comes with two 2c Lipos.
thanks much,
Nick

ok cool!! My dad is getting a Traxxas Spartan boat so we need a charger anyways (i think il let him buy it :) )

I have a brand new still in the box LRP charger I'll sell you for $60 shipped :)

no sorry. Dude i would but yesterday we stopped at a hobby shop and picked up a Hi-tec charger

20200113_071823.jpg
this is what I recommend

I don't like to waste all day charging. I have two venom duo;s and two traxxas and one onyx duo.
I'm one of the track organizers for the local track and we have a lot of newbys that don't show up with a charger or generator.
It's just one little thing I try to do to keep the kids involved

However ,I have brushless Traxxas ,I don't use it that much to have anything that extreme for a charger set up ,
but this is what I use ,just a cheapy that charges 2s & 3s!

That looks a bit too heavy-duty to a 2 cell batt. . .
Not really, he can just charge 8 fairly decent sized ones at a time. I have the same charger. For a single pack truck, a dual port charger is usually enough, but if you run dual packs or multiple trucks in a day, being able to charge many packs at once saves time.

I typically take 2 6S trucks when I go bash, both use 2x3S packs. I charge 8 of them before I go, then charge with a 2 port charger in my car if I make it through them all. Usually, by the time I've used 8 packs, I'm tired or my trucks are broken beyond field repair.

With chargers, you want to try to future proof yourself a bit so you don't waste money now. I started with a dual port traxxas. After waiting 3 hours to charge 4 9000mah 3S packs... I made it about 3 weeks before getting the 4 port charger. So the $100 I spent on the dual was down the drain.

They charge at 10 amps per Channel. Most batteries recommend charging at a 1C charge rate so unless you have 11000 milliamp batteries then you can charge at the recommended charge rate for the batteries. some batteries do have a 2 to 5c charge rate. However they do not recommend charging above A1C as this will shorten the length of your battery. There are some that have $1,200 battery chargers that charge at 25 amps and it takes 5 minutes between races to charge the battery. But they get approximately half of the expected life out of the battery because of doing this. You will also have to make sure your battery charger has a storage setting on it so that you can put your batteries away without ruining them. The Traxxas charger does not have that option. These are under $200 and will do everything that you will need out of any charger