Motley crew on 6s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobP

Nitro Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Boating
Put a dynamite six Paul 2000kv with the dynamite 120 amp ECS. the first time I ran it Twisted the flex shaft and pulled the tubing out of it I had to build a new tube and fiberglass it in. now I can get approximately 70 75 miles an hour.
15748949707919016422546356885412.jpg

Damn man. That’s a pretty quick boat!!

Put a dynamite six Paul 2000kv with the dynamite 120 amp ECS. the first time I ran it Twisted the flex shaft and pulled the tubing out of it I had to build a new tube and fiberglass it in. now I can get approximately 70 75 miles an hour.View attachment 120174

The flex shafts are pretty strong ,I am wondering if it is possible to put one in the wrong way ,because I think
that they are constructed an wound one way arent they?....Its been years since I had messed with boats ,my
boat came with a solid shaft ,but later ,I switched it to a longer flex shaft to extend the prop out past transom &
used a out rudder set up!

,I am wondering if it is possible to put one in the wrong way ,because I think
that they are constructed an wound one way arent they?...

Interesting point. I haven't finished it yet, but I have a twin prop cat. I THINK the props are supposed to turn in opposite directions to avoid that "Torque steer" thing under full power.

Yes, you have to have a clockwise rotation shaft if you are running 2 Motors. Standard Motors run counterclockwise. That wasn't the problem I had the problem I had was that the fiberglass was not holding the tube very well and when I hit it with 6s power the prop pushed forward and it bent the tube and twisted the flex shaft. I took out the Old Tube and put in a new tube and liner with an upgraded flex shaft. I also put a longer strut in the back so that it would hold better and not push forward where the stock one did. The new strut has bearings in it instead of a Thrust washer.

I dug up a pic of the back of my Villain IV and the props are in different directions. However, they were solid drives, not flex shafts.

Back