Wanting to build a scale dually

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim84

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
want to build a scale dually what would be a good chasis etc first real scale build

What body are you going to use? What scale? Need a little more info in order to point you in the right direction. You could also build your own chassis depending on your needs.

What body are you going to use? What scale? Need a little more info in order to point you in the right direction. You could also build your own chassis depending on your needs.
thinking of starting with the rc4wd blazer body and tf2lwb?

Tbh any body you use is going to require a lot of custom fabrication. Most duallies are scratch built or modified pickup bodies. I don't even think there are any toy grade rc duallies you could steal the body from. In the past many of the duallies I have seen were built using the tamiya clodbuster body. You can even use two to make a crew cab. You are going to have to build the hips from styrene.

Tbh any body you use is going to require a lot of custom fabrication. Most duallies are scratch built or modified pickup bodies. I don't even think there are any toy grade rc duallies you could steal the body from. In the past many of the duallies I have seen were built using the tamiya clodbuster body. You can even use two to make a crew cab. You are going to have to build the hips from styrene.
thanks

cross rc makes a dually with a 2 speed transmission. Its called the PG4, save time and money and get the c version, it has all the basic upgrades in cluded, wich the axles alone make up the cost difference between the b and c model.

20190425_180941.jpg

Back