ZD Racing Pirates 3 MT8 RTR - trasmitter and esc problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelsabbagh

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everybody.
i have bought the new ZD Racing RTR MT8 Pirates 3,.

it seems its not a RTR as it needs programming of the Transmitter, the subtrim and EPA for steering makes the car moves backwards and forward, while the moving the steering wheel clockwise make the car move forward. please help, i am now to RC cars and i need some help in programming the transmitter which is the 24gh, 3 channel mixed control and a limit adjustment throttle for training..

maybe i need to reset it to factory seettnig maybe i did soemthing wrong before binding, cause maybe i entered the settings menu and played with it ..

Attachments

• transmitter.JPG
    transmitter.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 416
Welcome to the RCT. Michel ,enjoy!....:welcome_sign:

I don't know about your radio gear ,you may have to rebind it ,or check an see that the servo's are plugged into
their correct spots on the receiver in the car!

Welcome to the RCT. Michel ,enjoy!....:welcome_sign:

I don't know about your radio gear ,you may have to rebind it ,or check an see that the servo's are plugged into
their correct spots on the receiver in the car!
how can i know if the servo are plugged correctly on the receiver, and if i rebind it does it mean i reset my transmitter??

how can i know if the servo are plugged correctly on the receiver, and if i rebind it does it mean i reset my transmitter??

Because when you turn the wheel on the transmitter ,the car takes off ,that tells me that the servo's are plugged
into the rec, in the wrong spots ,swap the two around!

You may not need to rebind ,just try swapping the wires!

Because when you turn the wheel on the transmitter ,the car takes off ,that tells me that the servo's are plugged
into the rec, in the wrong spots ,swap the two around!

You may not need to rebind ,just try swapping the wires!
my reciever has 6 channels, i tried mixing all the ways i cannot know which is correct and its dangerous cause for once the car went completly crazy. any help guys , my transmitter is zd racing check the pic

my reciever has 6 channels, i tried mixing all the ways i cannot know which is correct and its dangerous cause for once the car went completly crazy. any help guys , my transmitter is zd racing check the pic

I would think ,that channel 1 & 2 would be the primary channels for throttle & steering ,other than that ,I don't know about
your gear ,I was only suggesting what I said ,because that happens as well with that issue ,good luck!.....:thumbs-up:

Hello Everybody.

it seems its not a RTR as it needs programming of the Transmitter, the subtrim and EPA for steering makes the car moves backwards and forward, while the moving the steering wheel clockwise make the car move forward. please help, i am now to RC cars and i need some help in programming the transmitter which is the 24gh, 3 channel mixed control and a limit adjustment throttle for training..

maybe i need to reset it to factory seettnig maybe i did soemthing wrong before binding, cause maybe i entered the settings menu and played with it ..

That's a DumboRC transmitter. And I think the ESC is a hobbywing SC8. It seems like you just need to swap the plugs on the receiver.

when i turn off my rc transmitter the car takes full throttle ??!! any helpp

i need a detailed manual related to the dumbo rc or zd hobby mt8 pirates 3, i can't find anything on web related to the transmitter and receiver

any idea how to reset the transmitter to factory settings ?? it seems i played with the settings without noticing

There are no internal settings. I'm not sure what you changed
There is a menu which u can access if you check the manual , I'm sure i accessed it and changed something, i need to exact steps to reset the transmitter. i have the mt8 pirates 3 zd racing rc car and i think the transmitter is based on the dumbo rc 8277 transmitter

There is a menu which u can access if you check the manual , I'm sure i accessed it and changed something, i need to exact steps to reset the transmitter. i have the mt8 pirates 3 zd racing rc car and i think the transmitter is based on the dumbo rc 8277 transmitter

I've never owned one of those so I couldn't help you. I thought the trims, reverse, and dual rates were all switches and dials. Are you sure you haven't changed the settings on the ESC?

Hi guys. I dont know what happened with my pirates3. But randomly during play the servo turns to the left and locks. Watch video in this link.
Any ideea?

Channel one is for steering channel 2 is for throttle. Unless it's a Traxxas and you have 2 steering channels. but they are both Mark Channel One and throttle is channel 2. The black wire on the three wire bundle is the ground wire and it will go to the outside of the receiver. Make sure black wire is in correct position

I think the wire is in the good position. It was functional without any problem. But after a several times of playing the servo begins to make this thing.
This electrical parts(receiver, servo, esc) are waterproof on pirates3?

Attachments

• 20200112_154526.jpg
    20200112_154526.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 20200112_154304.jpg
    20200112_154304.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Hello Everybody.

I'm having the same problem I just got my pirate three and it's going really slow and then it won't go in reverse and there are no instructions as to how to program it

Attachments

• 20210208_194527_HDR.jpg
    20210208_194527_HDR.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 2080.jpg
    2080.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 2081.jpg
    2081.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 137
Back