Exhaust help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kluttsy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a team associated mgt with a track star 2.8 BB, I'm looking for a different manifold so I can run a side pipe instead of running it from the back but I cannot for the life of me find anything close to what I need. I'm sure somebody on here knows what I'm talking about and knows what I'm looking for.

you are looking for asc25406 or asc25405, another option is to look for a Losi LST1/2 / Aftershock pipe and manifold and modify the manifold just a little to clear the pull start housing.

Man I've been looking for a solid week and could not find it, finally I remembered this forum. Thank you so very much! I'm sure I'll be back on here when my new servos come in and when it comes time to tune this thing.

Man I've been looking for a solid week and could not find it, finally I remembered this forum. Thank you so very much! I'm sure I'll be back on here when my new servos come in and when it comes time to tune this thing.
they are getting a bit harder to find online sadly,
just remembered though, there are 2 different ones availiable, one for the .21 and one for the 4.6, for the Team Associated ones. you are looking for part# ASC25433, you can make the ASC25405 header work, but you will need to trim down your exhaust gasket.
http://www.fischelshobbyctr.com/as25siexma4.html
found one at the site above, have never gone through them before, might be worth a call first.

Yeah I realized that earlier, the closest hobby/rc shop to me is about an hour away so I think imma try there after work sometime this week.

Yeah I realized that earlier, the closest hobby/rc shop to me is about an hour away so I think imma try there after work sometime this week.
I know my lhs has a few blue ones for the .21, on my .28 I ended up using a bit of high temp rtv to seal the exhaust and a trimmed down gasket. Works fine, does not look the greatest.

That may not work ,it is pointed down too much ,an if you twist it to point it more upward ,the muffler
will hit the battery box ,unless he cuts the mud guard an points the muffler downward ,but then the
muffler stands to get hit!
it does take a bit of trimming of the mud guard to fit the Losi set-up, (have been running with no mud guard for the past few months with no issues, havent had time to trim my mud guard yet.) and iirc it does need a slight bend to clear the starter housing if you are still using the stock engine.
https://sites.google.com/site/on30ng/associatedmgtbuildup
you will have to get the header and pipe combo, or find a different 1/8 spring style exhaust pipe. the stock MGT one is a slip on silicone tube.

He said that he was running one of these ,so the exhaust port maybe a little different in diameter!

This is what I currently have but I am not opposed to getting a different one cause it is a tad long for my liking (it sits against the batt box) but depending on how this header fits it may bring the pipe back enough to get it away from there
Screenshot_20190807-224753_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Think 17mm is the standard.
This is what I currently have but I am not opposed to getting a different one cause it is a tad long for my liking (it sits against the batt box) but depending on how this header fits it may bring the pipe back enough to get it away from thereView attachment 119514
It's kind of funny that is the exact pipe I have, but with the side exhaust manifold.
But what i was meaning by it is retained by a spring is, if you look at the hyper 7, it has a silicone coupler that holds the pipe to the manifold. Then the manifold is held on by a spring to the engine.
Losi uses 3 springs and an exhaust gasket to hold the manifold to the pipe, while also using a spring to hold the manifold to the engine block. I do agree the hyper 7 one is a bit long, but I was able to get a longer exhaust hanger wire to locate the muffler/pipe further out. I did have to trim my body to do this though. Might have to swap my lst pipe onto my mgt. I know it was a popular mod back in the day to wake up the 4.6 AE engine. Coupled with the fact the combo used to be quite cheap.

Think 17mm is the standard.
It's kind of funny that is the exact pipe I have, but with the side exhaust manifold.
But what i was meaning by it is retained by a spring is, if you look at the hyper 7, it has a silicone coupler that holds the pipe to the manifold. Then the manifold is held on by a spring to the engine.
Losi uses 3 springs and an exhaust gasket to hold the manifold to the pipe, while also using a spring to hold the manifold to the engine block. I do agree the hyper 7 one is a bit long, but I was able to get a longer exhaust hanger wire to locate the muffler/pipe further out. I did have to trim my body to do this though. Might have to swap my lst pipe onto my mgt. I know it was a popular mod back in the day to wake up the 4.6 AE engine. Coupled with the fact the combo used to be quite cheap.
How does it sound? I've had this truck for almost 2 years and have only drove it once with the stock engine (had a leaky seal/low compression) so I got a new BB for it, and now it runs at WOT all the time so it has sat sense then, 2 years later I narrowed it down to the servos going bad and have not had it running sense.

How does it sound? I've had this truck for almost 2 years and have only drove it once with the stock engine (had a leaky seal/low compression) so I got a new BB for it, and now it runs at WOT all the time so it has sat sense then, 2 years later I narrowed it down to the servos going bad and have not had it running sense.
The hyper 7 pipe? Sounds mean! will try to post a video of it running. Lst pipe (with the mach .26 engine on my lst) is really nice, very crisp, though it is quite loud, sort of wish it was just a bit quieter, but it runs great.

The hyper 7 pipe? Sounds mean! will try to post a video of it running. Lst pipe (with the mach .26 engine on my lst) is really nice, very crisp, though it is quite loud, sort of wish it was just a bit quieter, but it runs great.
Good that's what I want to hear. I dont really care about the noise i dont plan on driving it around in town as there isn't much room to do so, so even if its really loud it wont matter much to me.

Back