Force RC Muckraker

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone know where to find one of the muckraker for sell? Can’t find one anywhere!

Would anyone know where to find one of the muckraker for sell? Can’t find one anywhere!
Unfortunately, Horizon Hobby stopped selling them about a month or so ago so your best bet might be to keep your eyes open for someone selling one. I bought one in February and wish I would have grabbed another as it's one of my favorite vehicles now. On somewhat of a bright note, the vehicle is still made by the original equipment manufacturer (FS Racing) and HH or another company might decide to bring it back. I honestly think it might have provided too much competition for their other product lines. Stock, it's not the fastest thing out there but a pinion change changes things quickly. And there are not too many, if any manufacturers making 1/8 vehicles with aluminum chassis, adjustable aluminum shocks, and aluminum shock towers that came in at its price range. Keep your eyes open, one may pop up.

Unfortunately, Horizon Hobby stopped selling them about a month or so ago so your best bet might be to keep your eyes open for someone selling one. I bought one in February and wish I would have grabbed another as it's one of my favorite vehicles now. On somewhat of a bright note, the vehicle is still made by the original equipment manufacturer (FS Racing) and HH or another company might decide to bring it back. I honestly think it might have provided too much competition for their other product lines. Stock, it's not the fastest thing out there but a pinion change changes things quickly. And there are not too many, if any manufacturers making 1/8 vehicles with aluminum chassis, adjustable aluminum shocks, and aluminum shock towers that came in at its price range. Keep your eyes open, one may pop up.
I know all too well I was able to snag a epidemic which really impressed thank you very much

They must have quit selling them because of the new 4s arrmas. I love my Muckraker, it’s a freakin laser beam with the blx system, I recently broke a cvd, wing and bent up the rear tower. Making a set of carbon fiber towers in a few days, I’ll update when ever I get them done...
Here’s a wing mount that fits it and it’s only 6bucks...many parts for the duratrax 835 which will fit this car.
http://www.activepowersports.com/duratrax-wing-mount-set-835b-c9965/

Some other observations; the talion hub carriers, axles and hexes will almost work. Drive shafts are a bit too long. Tried swapping shafts and there is too much play with the force shaft in the arrma axle. Could cut it and take a 1/4" out and reweld it but seemed like too much work for now. If I keep breaking cvds
20190514_133842.jpg
20190514_134828.jpg
20190514_133848.jpg
20190514_133917.jpg
20190514_134902.jpg
I'll do it. Here's some pics, it's been through the ringer, going to take it off line and give it some love.

They must have quit selling them because of the new 4s arrmas. I love my Muckraker, it’s a freakin laser beam with the blx system, I recently broke a cvd, wing and bent up the rear tower. Making a set of carbon fiber towers in a few days, I’ll update when ever I get them done...
Here’s a wing mount that fits it and it’s only 6bucks...many parts for the duratrax 835 which will fit this car.
http://www.activepowersports.com/duratrax-wing-mount-set-835b-c9965/
Thank you I did a chance to grab the epidemic and was very impressed

Thank you I did a chance to grab the epidemic and was very impressed
Yeah, they aren't bad right? Very tough, I suppose if I left it 4s and just geared it up I wouldn't have broken anything. Kind of wanted an epidemic too but just have too many mts...

Yeah, they aren't bad right? Very tough, I suppose if I left it 4s and just geared it up I wouldn't have broken anything. Kind of wanted an epidemic too but just have too many mts...
Well if you ever decide to sell it please let me know ty

Made some new carbon shock towers. Rear has skid protection. Both have aluminum shock mounting surfaces.
20190806_123421.jpg
20190806_123534.jpg
20190806_123437.jpg

That looks great ,then you protected the edge with aluminum!....:thumbs-up:
Thanks, you can wear down a carbon towers pretty quickly on buggies and truggies with out protection. It is very strong material but not abrasive resistant.

Thanks, you can wear down a carbon towers pretty quickly on buggies and truggies with out protection. It is very strong material but not abrasive resistant.

I too love making my own stuff ,it is good to see someone else do the same ,it gets the brain going!...:thumbs-up:

Back