Traxxas rustler diy exoskeleton

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steffen

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I have been planning to build my rusty a cage. I was looking at using brake line off of a old Ford pickup my hubby had sitting in the yard. Looking for everybodies thoughts on this?????? Yes I am new to the hobby.

could work well, hardest part is going to be mounting it to the chassis, maybe either tack weld or bend the end to an "L" shape and run a screw through with a washer on the back side. given the brake line is hollow i do not knowhow long it would hold up though. rustlers are light enough where it might not matter.

could work well, hardest part is going to be mounting it to the chassis, maybe either tack weld or bend the end to an "L" shape and run a screw through with a washer on the back side. given the brake line is hollow i do not knowhow long it would hold up though. rustlers are light enough where it might not matter.
Sorry forgot to let ya'all know it's a rustler vxl electric.

You could do as @D3MON mentioned. Like he mentioned where it will mount to the chassis hammer the brake line flat and screw it in.
Just remember less is more. With a light vehicle like this adding too much weight above the center of gravity will make it handle horribly.

You could do as @D3MON mentioned. Like he mentioned where it will mount to the chassis hammer the brake line flat and screw it in.
Just remember less is more. With a light vehicle like this adding too much weight above the center of gravity will make it handle horribly.
Also weight will affect temps so watch those, might need to drop a pinion tooth or raise a spur gear tooth or two.

Back