Well I've blown three sets of tires off my senton 3s, and am fed up with buying tires. Ordered HR 17mm 10mm offset bolt on with h20 1:8 typhon wheels.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hopfully this is the last set of wheels and tires i buy for a long time

You've "blown" three sets of, what? Stock tires?
Did the tires tear from ballooning, or just come unglued?
Never heard of the h20 tires :confused: .
I'm guessing you are trying out Arrma's DBOOTS '2HO' tires.
All I got to say is, if the DBOOTS don't hold up for you, I'd look into slappin' some Pro-Line Badlands on.

You've "blown" three sets of, what? Stock tires?
Did the tires tear from ballooning, or just come unglued?
Never heard of the h20 tires :confused: .
I'm guessing you are trying out Arrma's DBOOTS '2HO' tires.
All I got to say is, if the DBOOTS don't hold up for you, I'd look into slappin' some Pro-Line Badlands on.
ok here it is. I've put 3150 kv yeti motor with a 120amp sc8 hobbywing esc on 3s. my stock tires. one has a hole the size of my pinky. then i got some cheep tims and tires. they lasted about ten mins, two rims broke around the hex. then i spent like 100 and change on duratrax lockups. they lasted 30 mins and they now have a hole in them. now i might have cut them on something somewhere. but just the same one has a hole.my rig goes 60 +mph.

ok here it is. I've put 3150 kv yeti motor with a 120amp sc8 hobbywing esc on 3s. my stock tires. one has a hole the size of my pinky. then i got some cheep tims and tires. they lasted about ten mins, two rims broke around the hex. then i spent like 100 and change on duratrax lockups. they lasted 30 mins and they now have a hole in them. now i might have cut them on something somewhere. but just the same one has a hole.my rig goes 60 +mph.

Attachments

• DSC_0216.JPG
    DSC_0216.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 474
  • DSC_0193.JPG
    DSC_0193.JPG
    552.8 KB · Views: 545
  • DSC_0144.JPG
    DSC_0144.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 583
I wonder what your running over to tear chunks out. I've only done that once and it was with an RC4WD tire on my baja 5b ss rear tire. One of the lugs ripped out.

Do you drive on sharp rocks? I spend 99% of my time either on grass or concrete skate parks. On rare occasion, I find dirt to run on.

Those wheels look weak with that skinny spoke ,my nitro's would of ate those for desert!....LOL

I would try to find rims with more of a solid center!

I wonder what your running over to tear chunks out. I've only done that once and it was with an RC4WD tire on my baja 5b ss rear tire. One of the lugs ripped out.

Do you drive on sharp rocks? I spend 99% of my time either on grass or concrete skate parks. On rare occasion, I find dirt to run on.
i run up and down the street in the front lawn and in gravel. the only thing i can think of is that i might have caught a sharp rock or glass ... whi knows. all i know is I've got four sets of tires and only onevgood set. i just bought my rc in jan

I'm pretty sure the set i have now will last and they look great

Attachments

• 20190509_135837.jpg
    20190509_135837.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 1,283
Nice truck!....:thumbs-up:

The road is hard on tires an also the drive train with high torque & power ,have you considered on getting
just regular street tire for the street?
yes. and i will get belted tires eventually. I'm on house arrest right now and i can't go elswhere to bash otherwise i'd be ar a clay track. when i bought the dura trax wheels an tires in was in a rule area now I'm in town.

yes. and i will get belted tires eventually. I'm on house arrest right now and i can't go elswhere to bash otherwise i'd be ar a clay track. when i bought the dura trax wheels an tires in was in a rule area now I'm in town.

If you run in the street every now & then ,I would get some street tires as a second pair with some give an less bite with grip!

Now these days ,I don't get out to a field ,an run my stuff out in the street ,however ,when I run my MT. out in the
street ,I re-adjust my slipper to ease the pain off my trans. ,I grenade my oneway bearing in the trans one time with
high grip tires from running in the street ,especially while hitting on & off throttle!

The only thing I can say about the tires not lasting long is, someone is not using enough rubber in their tire making process :oops:.

I'm pretty sure the set i have now will last and they look great
Pretty sharp looking outfit you got there. Attention grabber. I like the contrast. It reminds me of some old Chevy Impalas I've seen rollin' down the road once.

I have a 3S Typhon that I got I March and have gone through three sets of tires also. Two stock sets and a Proline set. I run on dirt most of the time and the tires literally schred the rubber from the wheels. It has done it a couple of times doing donuts in the dirt. I guess I am to stupid to learn not to do donuts. Hobbytown replace one set for me as a factory defect which was great if them. I have the best local hobby shop around. But needless to say I am frustrated also.

I have a 3S Typhon that I got I March and have gone through three sets of tires also. Two stock sets and a Proline set. I run on dirt most of the time and the tires literally schred the rubber from the wheels. It has done it a couple of times doing donuts in the dirt. I guess I am to stupid to learn not to do donuts. Hobbytown replace one set for me as a factory defect which was great if them. I have the best local hobby shop around. But needless to say I am frustrated also.
I got a set of h20 typhon wheels now and they are holding up so far

Which Pro-Line tyres were you running?

Which Pro-Line tyres were you running?
Not pro line, I had duratrax lockups. They are still like new, I also had a set of talon tires. Broke two times, on the talon ones. And put a hole in one of the lockups

Not pro line, I had duratrax lockups. They are still like new, I also had a set of talon tires. Broke two times, on the talon ones. And put a hole in one of the lockups

It's hard to see but there's a lug missing and yes I have two shells

Attachments

• DSC_0170.JPG
    DSC_0170.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 1,629
  • DSC_0216.JPG
    DSC_0216.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC_0145.JPG
    DSC_0145.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 1558390793965-2107315391.jpg