New to Nitro RC - Condor Pro 1/10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMoody

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all,

I'm new here! So I don't have any background on Nitro cars however a couple of family members have been using them on and off for years now. I decided to go out and purchase the Condor Pro 1/10 model with the 0.18 SH engine, now I know the reviews on this car don't seem to be great however it has caused me no problems at all. Broken in using 15% Model Technicz fuel, 5 tanks to be precise. Lovely little car in my eyes apart from one problem. The 2-speed gearbox, it doesn't shift.

I have been trying to find information to this but it seems there are no solutions from what research I have been doing. Most people just go out and buy another unit, not me. I decided to have a go the other night in the garden, now with all wheels off the floor, I gave it max revs (after warming up the engine) and right at the top end I noticed it shifted to 2nd gear but it just seemed like such a high point.

So when it comes to tuning this and making the gears shift at lower revs, can anyone confirm, I believe the problem is due to a small spring in the gearbox held by a small grub screw. I noticed it was screwed up very tight so the small spring would be under max compression therefore I would assume this would only shift at high revs.

Hope someone can make sense of this and maybe point me in the right direction!

for most rigs that is correct, id loosen the grub screw in increments of 1/4 turn or so. tighter grub is a later shift point looser is a sooner shift.

Demon is correct ,there is a small spring & ball that is inside ,the grub screw adjust the tension on either clutch shoes or
a hub with a paw that swings out ,which ever you have!

Some units have a little window or hole for the allen wrench ,sometimes you also have to line up two holes
on the assembly to gain acsess to the screw ,you can do that by holding one gear while rotating the rest
to line the holes up!...:cool:

Awesome guys! Took it out last night for a test, turned the grub screw about 1/2 turn in total after lining up the 2 holes and now shifting into 2nd perfectly!

Awesome guys! Took it out last night for a test, turned the grub screw about 1/2 turn in total after lining up the 2 holes and now shifting into 2nd perfectly!
awesome! glad its shifting how you want it!
I'm in the middle of the same issue, but just working on the adjustment setting. the person that owned the truck before me removed the spring and locked the clutch dog shut to not engage the 2nd gear at all. luckily only a 10$ part but starting from scratch on adjustment.

You need to put at least some 20% fuel in it. (maybe even some 25%) That will make more power and make it shift better too. I think that 15% is mainly used in things like helicopters and planes. Most manufactures of nitro car engines recommend to start out on 20%.

Yeah the manufacturers recommend 15% when breaking this one in. Will be moving to 20% eventually, just need to sort out a cooling issue. Cheers lads!

Back