The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SMC True Spec 2s 7.4V 6500mAh LiPo battery for my sons Stampede.
I ran the 7200's in my 4pede vxl for quite a while. Battery tray is pretty short in that thing.

Stopped at the hardware store for some bits. Got some more 1/8" rivets, washers, thin metal plating and other things. Going to try to figure out a way to support the gopro on the savageX, revo 3.3 and possibly outcast hood so I don't totally destroy the bodies. Figure a metal plate riveted underneath supporting the velcro strap around the camera will help spread the load a bit.

Can't wait for my outcast unbreakable body to show up... my current body is held together with spit and glue!

Some .060" kydex sheets, and some UA heatgear socks.
Where do you buy Kydex? I bought some delrin from mcmaster, but it's pretty brittle, moreso than I thought it would be. Then again, could be that I overheated it. Have since bought a heat gun, may fiddle with it again, but thought I'd ask where you get your stock.

Ordered a new transmitter yesterday, DX5C. I've had the DX3C for 5+ years, antenna falls off and 2 of the trim buttons get cranky when I touch them. Only thing I don't care about on newer spektrums is the lack of a charge port... guessing that's due to lipo packs being made/used now... still would be nice if they had a balance port accessible externally, or the old charge port. Will probably add a port like I did on my DX3C and keep running NiMH in it.

I bought sum nitrile gasket meterial, seal all, a body mount, and I'm going to get a burger, onion rings, and a drink from Whataburger

I also picked up the complete series of Bitten on DVD.

Where do you buy Kydex? I bought some delrin from mcmaster, but it's pretty brittle, moreso than I thought it would be. Then again, could be that I overheated it. Have since bought a heat gun, may fiddle with it again, but thought I'd ask where you get your stock.

Living in podunk, I buy it from Amazon so I'll have it in two days and not two weeks. I did .080" last time, and it was a bit thick for my liking and took more break in time. So I'm trying the .060" this time around, and making a friend a holster for his birthday. Depending on what you're making, a cheap toaster oven is much easier than the heat gun. Heat gun is great for fine tuning fit once the initial mold is done though.

Here is the seller I buy from;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077S8CRX7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I'm going to get a burger, onion rings, and a drink from Whataburger

I'm not gonna lie, I'm jealous. I really miss Whataburger! :cry:

Also, just got the email from Humble Bundle, so while it was on sale I went ahead and snagged it knowing that VR support is coming this summer.

4pBKi0z.jpg

Last edited:
Living in podunk, I buy it from Amazon so I'll have it in two days and not two weeks. I did .080" last time, and it was a bit thick for my liking and took more break in time. So I'm trying the .060" this time around, and making a friend a holster for his birthday. Depending on what you're making, a cheap toaster oven is much easier than the heat gun. Heat gun is great for fine tuning fit once the initial mold is done though.
I see. I was thinking of thicker stuff for skid plates/bumpers/roll bars and such.

I see. I was thinking of thicker stuff for skid plates/bumpers/roll bars and such.

Yeah, kydex would probably work for that. I'd say the .080" would work well for anything but roll bars. If it's not as stiff as you want it, you can always double it up as well.

Got the new MX28's and big bores in / installed. Also got the EZ-Peak Live dual charger and another 2s 5800 Traxxas ID lipo.

Coming next, likely a slash ultimate 4x4 and possibly another clod build. stay tuned. :)

Attachments

• pede.jpg
    pede.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 70
Two trail cams for my yard!....:cool:

Seen some heads pop up over my fence an flash light beams in the alley last night ,but who ever it was ,
didn't attempt to get in my yard ,but the might have been checking things out before they do!....:doh:

finally got my drivers

Attachments

• 20190513_182047.jpg
    20190513_182047.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 71