Nitro RS4 Racer 2 flywheel question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3MON

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So my friend that i am helping work on his HPI Nitro RS4 racer 2 variant (belt drive) is having some issues that i am pretty puzzled about with the flywheel.
the flywheel seems to have a heavy offset behind it (on the collet side) as to make room for the brake disc.
i am trying to figure out what other flywheels we can use for this. Part Number is A884. does anyone have one of these that can confirm which will fit?
i purchased a Fantom FR15 motor of a fellow forum member and this one seems to work as there is an aluminum machined part that sits before the flywheel almost like a harmonic dampener, or something? will try to post pics of this later.
i have no idea what clutchbell/flywheel setup is on the Fantom engine.
trying to find out if it would be possible to install a SG style crank engine to this car as with the pilot shaft type (stock) the flywheel wont fit over the threads of the crank.

any help is greatly appreciated! i am very, very newbie to the on road cars, and to be honest small block nitro.
and doesn't help the car has been discontinued for quite some time and is taken over by the more current RS4 3.

So my friend that i am helping work on his HPI Nitro RS4 racer 2 variant (belt drive) is having some issues that i am pretty puzzled about with the flywheel.
the flywheel seems to have a heavy offset behind it (on the collet side) as to make room for the brake disc.
i am trying to figure out what other flywheels we can use for this. Part Number is A884. does anyone have one of these that can confirm which will fit?
i purchased a Fantom FR15 motor of a fellow forum member and this one seems to work as there is an aluminum machined part that sits before the flywheel almost like a harmonic dampener, or something? will try to post pics of this later.
i have no idea what clutchbell/flywheel setup is on the Fantom engine.
trying to find out if it would be possible to install a SG style crank engine to this car as with the pilot shaft type (stock) the flywheel wont fit over the threads of the crank.

any help is greatly appreciated! i am very, very newbie to the on road cars, and to be honest small block nitro.
and doesn't help the car has been discontinued for quite some time and is taken over by the more current RS4 3.
so in the racer 2 kit that he the online manual has its saying part # A801, but on the RS4 -2 manual its saying Part# A884.
looking through a post online about the engine trade in program, stating that the A884 would be replaced the A801 flywheel for other (non 15FE) engines though. but having a hard time seeing if this is for a SG Type crank, or Pilot type crank

Last edited:
so in the racer 2 kit that he the online manual has its saying part # A801, but on the RS4 -2 manual its saying Part# A884.
looking through a post online about the engine trade in program, stating that the A884 would be replaced the A801 flywheel for other (non 15FE) engines though. but having a hard time seeing if this is for a SG Type crank, or Pilot type crank

Sorry bud ,I don't have a clue ,I had never had one!....:cry:

Sorry bud ,I don't have a clue ,I had never had one!....:cry:
love these older cars, but sadly it brings difficulty to it! thought it is what makes it feel so much better in the end that it was accomplished.
quite new to on road cars anyways, and it being a belt drive...

i knew about the pilot shaft style cranks, but never actually had dealt with one, nor the differences between them and SG type.
we did get it running with that fantom engine though, this thing is super quick! main reason I'm wanting to know on that flywheel is because he bought a thunder tiger .12 evo, and was going to put it on there but he got the SG style.
he bought a new piston/sleeve for the 15FE motor and going to swap out the carb for a 2 needle carb. but having a back up for it, and a place for the TT engine would be nice

They have been labeled as a nasty 1/10 car ,an people have been custom building them for years!
even with the .15 fantom its almost too much for him at this time, is his first on road rc too though so might be part of it!

even with the .15 fantom its almost too much for him at this time, is his first on road rc too though so might be part of it!

Lol....mine is still too much!
I am suppose to get some more fuel soon ,an I am wanting to break mine out an run it ,going to have to
pull it off the shelf an do some cleaning & get it ready!....:cool:

Back