Stripped screws.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel J

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
How do I remove stripped hex screws?(2mm)
I need a way that doesn’t need a lot of tools.

One of the most cost-effective ways is to use a cutting disc on a Dremel-tyoe of rotary tool to cut an X in the head and use a phillips-head screw driver to remove it. The Dremel can be used for other things around the house as well.

another option is to get a T7 (or T8 i dont remember) torx bit and either hammer it in a bit or if the next size down will still grip and back it out. works most of the time for me anyways. if not can also do the same after drilling it out a bit more or like hamz said and dremel a slot to use a standard screw driver.
also a dremel is about the nicest tool to have for rcing! so many uses and like 15$ at wally world

One of the most cost-effective ways is to use a cutting disc on a Dremel-tyoe of rotary tool to cut an X in the head and use a phillips-head screw driver to remove it. The Dremel can be used for other things around the house as well.
Thanks. I’ll look into one of those.

another option is to get a T7 (or T8 i dont remember) torx bit and either hammer it in a bit or if the next size down will still grip and back it out. works most of the time for me anyways. if not can also do the same after drilling it out a bit more or like hamz said and dremel a slot to use a standard screw driver.
also a dremel is about the nicest tool to have for rcing! so many uses and like 15$ at wally world
Thanks for the suggestions!

Back