Any suggestion to the FPV beginners?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson James

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am currently flying indoor small drones, but limited by size, the flight time is very short. Which indoor drones have longer flight time?

Well, the simple solution is to solder on a battery connector and just use some nice single cell lipo's

How is that a simple solution when you don't even know what type of gear they're working with?

@Johnson James, what type of drone are you currently flying? How old are the batteries you're using?

How is that a simple solution when you don't even know what type of gear they're working with?

@Johnson James, what type of drone are you currently flying? How old are the batteries you're using?

He said how he was flying small quads, which usually from what I have seen have batteries connected straight to the board. I'm only going with what I know about RC aircraft though. I know way more about RC trucks than anything.

He said how he was flying small quads, which usually from what I have seen have batteries connected straight to the board. I'm only going with what I know about RC aircraft though. I know way more about RC trucks than anything.

I get that. But some of those tiny indoor quads are so small they have a built in battery that you can't replace. Having soldered to a tiny mainboard on a Blade MCP X heli, I don't recommend it unless you like exercises in frustration. The pad I had to solder to was about the size of a grain of rice. LOL Still burnt out one of the FETs, but didn't need it anymore since I went brushless on the conversion.

I get that. But some of those tiny indoor quads are so small they have a built in battery that you can't replace. Having soldered to a tiny mainboard on a Blade MCP X heli, I don't recommend it unless you like exercises in frustration. The pad I had to solder to was about the size of a grain of rice. LOL Still burnt out one of the FETs, but didn't need it anymore since I went brushless on the conversion.

I also only worked on cheap toys for friends and children. So again, I probably know nothing about micro quads. Or at least not as much as the people who actually work on them :p

I'm not sure you’re going to find much more flight time no matter. The issue is battery weight. I have a Tiny 6 and a US65. Both are 65mm. It’s really difficult to run anything bigger than a 250mah battery in them. The size difference between a 250 and 500 mah battery is significant. The only things I could think would be maybe a Trashcan or a Mobula. They’re slightly bigger but I think they can run bigger batteries.

Back