What are some Great Upgrades for the Losi 22s SCT 2wd RTR to be more compedative

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidemann12

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I just recently got into R/C racing bought the Losi 22s SCT RTR. looking for upgrades and will any 22sct Losi part be compatible ? also took it to the track for the first time and the plastic tie ends kept popping off whats a good upgrade for those ?

Good Afternoon,

I just recently got into R/C racing bought the Losi 22s SCT RTR. looking for upgrades and will any 22sct Losi part be compatible ? also took it to the track for the first time and the plastic tie ends kept popping off whats a good upgrade for those ?

See if you can find the type that the ball joints just have a hole an screw them down with
the screw & nut ,rather than the ball stud that screws into the arm!...:cool:

See if you can find the type that the ball joints just have a hole an screw them down with
the screw & nut ,rather than the ball stud that screws into the arm!...:cool:

they dont even have that its a straight plastic piece wouldn't i have to upgrade the wheel bearings as well ?

they dont even have that its a straight plastic piece wouldn't i have to upgrade the wheel bearings as well ?

Replace them with turnbuckle links like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-37...685041&hash=item544f57742b:g:aZQAAOSwb7NZwZdg take the ballstuds out and use screws to attach them to the shock tower and steering knuckle.
s-l500.jpg

You can also try the hop-up brand names like Mip & RPM!....

An what RCknucklehead showed ,what I also would use!...:thumbs-up:

Thanks for the Help Guys any other Upgrades i should go for to make it a competitive truck should of bought the Kit but didn't know any better

Thanks for the Help Guys any other Upgrades i should go for to make it a competitive truck should of bought the Kit but didn't know any better
Tires. It's all about the tires. After the right tires are glued up, you can then work on the oils in the shocks and diff.

Useful thread, thanks! I raced gas boats several years ago; dipping my toe in this pond now.

Same deal as OP here, just got the 22s 2wd SCT(Maxxis version). I’m starting to break stuff bashing around and looking for “upgrades” but really more just easy to find parts from others trucks in the product line that share parts. Losi, or at least my LHS kinda pushed this trucks parts “interchangeability”, but now seem vague on recommendations outside of shocks and tires. Hoping for alloy or alum replacement suspension parts.... I know this is a new platform, but has anyone seen a list of part numbers from other trucks that will work on the new platform?

Thanks for any insights on the truck/idea/hobby!!

I hear ya. Horizon/Losi uses the "Team Losi Racing® Option Part Upgrades Available" in their marketing, and then falls short on listing those parts. The only aluminum parts that I would want to use...shocks, wheel hexes, rear hub carriers, and spindle/caster blocks. All the other chassis/suspension parts I would just want stock replacements.

Hopefully I can help a bit on this topic given the work I have done on my 22s. I have listed out the parts that I'm currently running and included some snaps of the end product. I'll upload a quick video as well showing it in action. In short, it's a beast and I would be happy to answer any questions on any of the modifications that have been done. Cheers!

The battery tray was removed to make room for the 4S battery. I have pre-ordered the Aluminum Chassis Conversion Kit and Body Supports from Horizon (LOS338000/LOS230090).

Castle Creations
-Mamba X Extreme ESC
-1415 2400KV 5mm Sensored Motor
-Direct Connect Sensor Cable
-B-Link Bluetooth Adapter
-Telemetry Link for Spektrum
-Castle Link V3

Hot Racing
-Aluminum Front Camber Block
-Aluminum Rear & Rear Turnbuckles
-Aluminum Front & Rear Shock Towers
-Aluminum Rear Shock Tower Mount
-Aluminum Front Caster Block
-Aluminum Bearing Steering Mount
-Aluminum Servo Mount
-Aluminum Front Pivot
-Aluminum Rear Pivot
-Steel Spur Gear 48p 84t
-Kevlar NBR Slipper Pad
-Aluminum Front Bulkhead
-Aluminum 12mm Hex Wheels
-Aluminum Front Knuckle Spindle Set
-Aluminum Rear Hub
-Chassis Dirt Guard

Robinson Racing
-25T Pinion Gear (5mm bore)
--17T, 21T, 23T Steel Pinion Gears

Spektrum RC
-S6240 Digital High-Speed Servo
-DX5C Transmitter
-SR6110AT DSMR Telemetry Receiver
-AS3X Programming Cable
-Voltage Protector

Pro-Line Racing
-Flo-Tek Fusion Body
-4X Badlands SC 2.2"/3.0" Tires (Mounted)
-4X Street Fighter SC 2.2"/3.0" Tires (Mounted)
-Lid Skid Body Protectors
-PowerStroke Shocks (Front & Rear)
-6" Super-Bright LED Light Bar
-2" Super-Bright LED Light Bar Kit
-Pro Pulls

gensacearespammers
-2x 14.8V 5500 Capacity 4S Voltage 60C LiPo, EC5

Team Losi Racing
-22SCT MIB Front Bumper
-22SCT 3.0 SCT Rear Bumper Mount Set
-22SCT 2.0 Body Mount Set
-SCT 22 2.0 TLR4157 Motor Plate
-Sub Bumper Set 22SCT
-23T Aluminum Servo Horn
-Grooved Slipper Plates
-Layshaft and Spacer 22 Series
-Idler Gear Aluminum
-Carbon Electronics Mounting
-HDS Slipper Spring Set
-Battery Strap Set

Avid RC
-"Mod" Triad Slipper Clutch (81T/84T)

Yeah Racing
-2x 30x30x10 Cooling Fans
-Aluminum 12-14 Gauge Wire Clamp
-2x 3D Whirlwind Aluminum Fan Protector
-4x 4mm Aluminum Serrated Wheel Lock Nut

JConcepts Inc
- HF2 SCT Body (White)
- Carbon Fiber Front and Rear Body Mount Brace

Apex RC
-LED Lipo Battery Voltage Checker Gauge
-Remote Electronic AUX Channel On/Off Switch

_DSC2978-Edit.jpg

Attachments

• APC_0527-hdr-Edit.jpg
    APC_0527-hdr-Edit.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 764
  • _DSC2952-Edit.jpg
    _DSC2952-Edit.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 590
  • _DSC2964-Edit.jpg
    _DSC2964-Edit.jpg
    873.1 KB · Views: 737
  • APC_0167-hdr.jpg
    APC_0167-hdr.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 884
Hopefully I can help a bit on this topic given the work I have done on my 22s. I have listed out the parts that I'm currently running and included some snaps of the end product. I'll upload a quick video as well showing it in action. In short, it's a beast and I would be happy to answer any questions on any of the modifications that have been done. Cheers!

The battery tray was removed to make room for the 4S battery. I have pre-ordered the Aluminum Chassis Conversion Kit and Body Supports from Horizon (LOS338000/LOS230090).

Castle Creations
-Mamba X Extreme ESC
-1415 2400KV 5mm Sensored Motor
-Direct Connect Sensor Cable
-B-Link Bluetooth Adapter
-Telemetry Link for Spektrum
-Castle Link V3

Hot Racing
-Aluminum Front Camber Block
-Aluminum Rear & Rear Turnbuckles
-Aluminum Front & Rear Shock Towers
-Aluminum Rear Shock Tower Mount
-Aluminum Front Caster Block
-Aluminum Bearing Steering Mount
-Aluminum Servo Mount
-Aluminum Front Pivot
-Aluminum Rear Pivot
-Steel Spur Gear 48p 84t
-Kevlar NBR Slipper Pad
-Aluminum Front Bulkhead
-Aluminum 12mm Hex Wheels
-Aluminum Front Knuckle Spindle Set
-Aluminum Rear Hub
-Chassis Dirt Guard

Robinson Racing
-25T Pinion Gear (5mm bore)
--17T, 21T, 23T Steel Pinion Gears

Spektrum RC
-S6240 Digital High-Speed Servo
-DX5C Transmitter
-SR6110AT DSMR Telemetry Receiver
-AS3X Programming Cable
-Voltage Protector

Pro-Line Racing
-Flo-Tek Fusion Body
-4X Badlands SC 2.2"/3.0" Tires (Mounted)
-4X Street Fighter SC 2.2"/3.0" Tires (Mounted)
-Lid Skid Body Protectors
-PowerStroke Shocks (Front & Rear)
-6" Super-Bright LED Light Bar
-2" Super-Bright LED Light Bar Kit
-Pro Pulls

gensacearespammers
-2x 14.8V 5500 Capacity 4S Voltage 60C LiPo, EC5

Team Losi Racing
-22SCT MIB Front Bumper
-22SCT 3.0 SCT Rear Bumper Mount Set
-22SCT 2.0 Body Mount Set
-SCT 22 2.0 TLR4157 Motor Plate
-Sub Bumper Set 22SCT
-23T Aluminum Servo Horn
-Grooved Slipper Plates
-Layshaft and Spacer 22 Series
-Idler Gear Aluminum
-Carbon Electronics Mounting
-HDS Slipper Spring Set
-Battery Strap Set

Avid RC
-"Mod" Triad Slipper Clutch (81T/84T)

Yeah Racing
-2x 30x30x10 Cooling Fans
-Aluminum 12-14 Gauge Wire Clamp
-2x 3D Whirlwind Aluminum Fan Protector
-4x 4mm Aluminum Serrated Wheel Lock Nut

JConcepts Inc
- HF2 SCT Body (White)
- Carbon Fiber Front and Rear Body Mount Brace

Apex RC
-LED Lipo Battery Voltage Checker Gauge
-Remote Electronic AUX Channel On/Off Switch
I have to say, impressive build. For mine, i just used stock Losi TLR 22SCT suspension and steering parts, mainly i only changed the fixed links to the adjustable ones, and swapped the shocks for threaded ones, and once it was dialed in, it was pretty competitive, but, the original question was strictly asking about making it more race ready, and ditching the original pop off prone fixed links for something more durable that wont detach. I dont race as much as i used to, but, i have never seen a track that allows for as much power, or even half the upgrades you have anywhere i have been. Most tracks are either close to stock, Spec, or mild upgrades, which is why i just stuck with stock TLR parts.

Oops, just realized this is a topic on a different act. I’m actually going with the losi 22s brushed version, in the magnaflow flavor. I don’t know if the battery tray is even the same! Thanks anyway fellas.

Oops, just realized this is a topic on a different act. I’m actually going with the losi 22s brushed version, in the magnaflow flavor. I don’t know if the battery tray is even the same! Thanks anyway fellas.
Both trucks are the same, except one is brushed, one isnt. Any standard 2S battery will fit. I use either Gen's Ace 50C 5000MAH or Zee 5200MAH 50C.

Back