Long Wet Grass

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwe33

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi all, I ran both my big block trucks on long wet grass the other day and it looks like there was not enough torque or traction to get them going in it. So consequently I think the clutch bell and the shoes in them have burnt out, i'm not sure. But the engines were running but the wheels refused to move and a lot of smoke was being produced. I was running a HSP Boomwheel 1/8 .28 and a HPI Savage X 4.6.

To be honest I don't know enough to answer you question. I am thinking about changing my clutch too as my performance wasn't as expected. What clutches are you looking at @bigwe33 ?

I don't think rc's are really met to run in tall wet grass!
If the clutch assembly gets wet ,there will be some slippage an eventually
some kind of melt down failure.

To be honest I don't know enough to answer you question. I am thinking about changing my clutch too as my performance wasn't as expected. What clutches are you looking at @bigwe33 ?
I have opted for a HOBAO HYPER MT NITRO 14 T Clutch Bell Assembly system
I have opted for HOBAO HYPER MT NITRO 14T Clutch Bell with Shoes Springs, Bearings, Washers & Bolt.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141765764445?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Well, if your running in wet, I'd go for alloy shoes. Composite ones are fine if your traction is low, weight is low or power is low, but in high traction, high drag, high weight... a nice set of 7075 shoes would probably work best for you. I used to run composite shoes until I went from a mild 21 to a more torquey 28. Now I run alloy in pretty much everything but my 2.5R jato.

Like olds said, go for alloys. They will last longer and will wear down less than composites, especially when running in wet grass.