Drone spotted flying over submarine base

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
These headlines no longer surprise me anymore, there are far to many pinheads out there that own a multi-rotor / drone of one kind or another. The latest is someone flying their drone over a submarine base... who really thinks this is a good idea?

It's only a matter of time before these morons get these aircraft banned or heavily regulated.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/02/25/drones-bangor-navy-base-buzzing.html

We just need to plug the endless supply of dumbasses, most all of them are going to be Darwin Award winners, just limit their access to level 1 trauma centers, that will cut down their numbers! :)

Doesn't help that they are showing them on TV doing illegal stuff. On a recent episode of scorpion, they were being used to haul a payload of heroin... aside from 95% of the other info about them on the show being a bit wrong, this part could probably actually be done.

Well, and now that they're on to me with the infrared night vision drone, I'll have to get back to work on the autonomous sub I was designing with the periscope camera.

Well, and now that they're on to me with the infrared night vision drone, I'll have to get back to work on the autonomous sub I was designing with the periscope camera.

Our bomb squad guys have flir mounted phantoms now.

They've been using drones to deliver illicit materials for a while so the episode of Scorpion didn't surprise me.

Back