DBXL Tuned pipe question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogyman1313

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all i picked up a DDM tuned pipe for my losi dbxl i havent installed it yet i wanted to see if anyone has a tuned pipe on theres and if anyone has any problems with them putting off heat like warping bubbling or melting on any of the plastics should i wrap mine

I don't have a DBXL, but it doesn't hurt to wrap the pipe. I wrapped the Bartolone pipe on my Five to keep the heat down since it passes over the battery box. Helps to keep heat off the battery and to keep myself from toasting my hand when I need to access the battery after a race and don't have time to let it cool.

Ok rob thank you I'm going to wrap her up thanks again

What are you guys wrapping your pipes with? I'm familiar with wrapping stuff on 1:1... I wrapped the header on my bike, but surely it isn't the same stuff...

Same stuff. I used exaust wrap I picked up at a local MX shop.

I'm getting some. I replaced the pipe in my brothers raptor, and in my raptor, and now that the heat shields are incompatible with the new headers in either machine, I keep burning my damn right leg in my pants.

Back