Got a QuadCopter? Person flies into whitehouse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh look, another Phantom crash, what are the odds? :D This one might be a bit more high priority due to the location, but it's been happening regularly for a while now all over the globe. And yes, it's the responsible pilots that have to pay the price for it.

Yep I saw this earlier. Get ready for a whole new set of regulation's to come out.

That jackass should be given a full on face slap by everyone in the RC hobby for being so stupid.
Where and when he did it should qualify him for several more rounds of the same.

They will be illegal before long....

It's all so stupid. Throw a buggy or an MT over the fence and it's the same thing... A remotely controlled device.
Fly a park flyer over the fence and get arrested or shot. What incredible idiot would do what he did?
Any more of this and we'll have to be licensed to use RC anything.

In the old days you had to have an FCC Class C Citizen's Band license to operate model craft remotely.

I honestly dont see any laws besides restricting airspace.

I hate people... I would say stupid people but that would be redundant :p

There are Federally controlled No-Fly zones in many restricted places. The White House is one of them. If their rules don't specify RC aircraft, change them accordingly. What he did was perceived as a terrorist threat. Send that drunken idiot to jail, fine him tens of thousands of dollars and leave the rest of us alone. We did no wrong.

Actually, Rolex, all of Wahington D.C. is a no fly zone for any model aircraft. But you're right about what to do to the drunken moron.

Last edited:
As you probably know by now, the moron in question is/was a White House employee so it was an inside job.

This is insane. As I'm typing this David Letterman just brought it up! (Friday night rerun)

Back