TC4 Club Racer Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacks9930

Vroom Vroom Beep Beep
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I found a group of guy that race on an indoor track. They are carpet racing 1/10 buggies and touting cars. So I need a new ride to join in the fun. I was thinking of getting TC4 Club Racer Kit By ASSOCIATED. Has anyone ran this car?
asc30101.jpg

I used to race one on asphalt. Very durable and parts were readily available and didn't break the bank. Still have it and the TC5 I also raced.

Unless you are an expert driver, you won't really tell the difference.

My TC4 is a Factory Team so it has the carbon fiber chassis plate. If you plan on racing, I suggest you go that route to lighten it up. The chassis you picture is great for durability, but adds a lot of weight over a CF one.

I use one for my VTA Racer. They're really competitive in this class because you have to add less weight than some of the newer chassis out there.

so what is better shaft or belt
Heres some info I've found in various places around the internet about shaft vs. belt...

"Belt driven gives you less friction, better roll-in and is more stable. But it is more problematic with dirt. So for the parking lot the shaft drive is definitive preferable. For competition choose belt drive."

"Shaft is definitely more efficient. Belt is smoother and a bit easier to drive, especially with high powered motors. Shaft is pretty bulletproof."

"One of the RC mags did a head to head of shaft and belt -- Yokomos, I think. Results were inconclusive and lap times were almost identical."
"It was Kyosho TF5 carbon. They have a belt & shaft version of the same car.
Results werent collated very well, but overall feeling was not that much difference, belt being a bit better in corners (no torque steer)"

Back