HPI-Killer's 2.5r Traxxas TMAXX Build Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they sell HD gears to drop into the EMaxx diffs?

The EMaxx diff are fine with the stock gears for running nitro, they will be fine with the 3.3 unless you try and break them with a locked slipper or landing back flips while on throttle.

Just be aware that the BL emaxx diff input pinion is shorter than the stock nitro pinion. If your using dog bones or cvd’s for center shafts you will need to swap out the BL emaxx diff input pinion with the stock 4909 nitro pinion to keep the same length.

BL EMaxx? I want E diffs while keeping all of my upgraded CVDs. I need to find out what brand these shafts are as well and look into RPM for each corner also.

Oh okay BL is brushless, haha I'm retardededed...

Okay about 4-5 hours of cleaning turned my Maxx into an almost brand new looking rig, I was happy when I turned the last screw in!

Heavy picture time!!
DSCF1009_zps0c8ed565.jpg

DSCF1010_zpsb95334b2.jpg

Some nasty grimey diffs!
DSCF1011_zps9027d75e.jpg

DSCF1014_zpsc48bd00a.jpg

Removing as little as possible to clean just as well as 100% dis-assembley.
DSCF1013_zps0dd7cbf7.jpg

Oh yeah beautiful shine job!
DSCF1015_zpsd608da97.jpg

DSCF1017_zps90abd15b.jpg

Each shock torn down and cleaned 100%
DSCF1018_zps4d4c0693.jpg

Time for the rear arms.
DSCF1018_zps4d4c0693.jpg

Mmm what a clean and shiny ass!
DSCF1020_zps761deb1d.jpg

DSCF1021_zpse25448fd.jpg

There was no throttle return spring so I rigged up my own setup and it works splended!
DSCF1022_zps53accdf0.jpg

Time to tackle the front!
DSCF1023_zpsd92b480d.jpg

Mmmm tasty!
DSCF1024_zps4a742850.jpg

Youd believe me if I told you this was a new diff right? Ish not!
DSCF1025_zpsa7277c4d.jpg

More arms! Wooooo..
DSCF1026_zpsf700f8c7.jpg

The front shocks were much cleaner than the reasr, so you can imagine what they looked like...
DSCF1027_zpsfa452f95.jpg

All clean, and yeah I know the front skid is busted!
DSCF1033_zps858b645d.jpg

Was also able to re-locate my exhaust into the exhaust hole in the chassis thanks to a rubber exhaust stinger. Kind of a lousy pic but you can tell it looks muuuuchhh better!
DSCF1035_zps36751e58.jpg

Working on a short basher video now also so keep your eyes open.

Last edited:
And heres my Teaser video! Lost a tire in the end so thats why its a "teaser"... That and I couldnt get a tune dialed right possibly because of the sand...
Anywho, ENJOY!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1-nP3eT3TE"]Traxxas TMaxx Beach Bash Teaser - YouTube[/ame]

are those the rc best brand cvds??
I was looking at a set for my 2.5 as the 18tm I'm running keeps snapping yokes??

are those the rc best brand cvds??
I was looking at a set for my 2.5 as the 18tm I'm running keeps snapping yokes??

Your guess is as good as mine friend. Came with the truck, trying to find what brand they are.

Nice vid. And the Rc best brand Cvd's are pretty good quality. I have been running a set on my old basher maxx for some time now.

Nice vid. And the Rc best brand Cvd's are pretty good quality. I have been running a set on my old basher maxx for some time now.

Thanks, I would say thats what they are, they look the closest to what I have and no other shafts come with the black boots that I've seen.

Hope the video wasn't too bad my tune was un-acceptable and almost didnt make the video because of it...

Complete 100% teardown of the rig for a cleanin, lubing and transfer over to my new 2.5 short chassis in preperation for a new upgraded mill I'm not decided on. I want a powerful .21 or smaller mill that Tower Hobbies carries.
Before
3ymyje8a.jpg

As it sits now

uzymunu4.jpg

Anyone have suggestions for a mill for this short chassis that puts serious power out but not over power the truck stability and drive ability?

Here she is, minus the bumpers and a mill, shined up like a new in the box MAXX!!

Changed the springs out to match the Traxxas blue and replaced 4 stock shocks with MGT ones. I am now thinking of color scheme ideas and am leaning towards a Bigfoot monster truck style but layed down like a truggy for a better lcg.
a2ejenyb.jpg
5amu5uru.jpg
u4abepe3.jpg

Ofna violator tank tank and say the new Picco P-Maxx .21?

Ofna violator tank tank and say the new Picco P-Maxx .21?

You got a link to this Ofna Violator tank, if its not on TowerH?

Excellent suggestion on a mill my friend indeed!!

I'm starting to approve. Some of the parts are really, really clean. :first_place::D

Haha thanks Ralph, I spent probably 8-10 hours turning this truck and every single part inside out with nothing more than a bottle of nitro, a roll of paper towels, q tips, a toothbrush and toothpicks. Also had a variety of oils and diff grease for shocks, trans, bearings and differentials.

I dont cut corners when I clean my rigs!!

Thanks nitro I will look into that indeed.

I am bolting my AE 15. mill in her for now, and am having some clearance issuses... I need to move the mount/mill forward maybe 1/8" but the cb is touching the trans case, my question is can I sand the case without breaking through the case just enough to line up with the spur?

Thos nub thats being pointed to with the red tipped tool is the problem...
jy3a4y2e.jpg

You can grind a little off the tranny housing but its better if you can cut the crank for clearance.

You can grind a little off the tranny housing but its better if you can cut the crank for clearance.

I thought about that but my two 15. mills have the same crank length. Is there a way to shim the spur out at all or shim out the cb/fw at all? I dont want to shave the trans because of the bearing that sits inside there and breaking through...

You can file out the chassis just enough to shimmy the mount rearward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back